Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mama, If That's Movin' Up, Then I'm...Movin' Out

I think we all know by now that Mike and I are trying to buy a house (by we, I mean anyone who reads this and/or knows us). We found this great two-story colonial, three bedroom, two bathroom house in the town of Culpeper. It has a large fenced-in backyard, which is great for the dogs. There's so many great points about this house and it has so much character. So what's the problem, you ask? It's a short sale, which is a misnomer, because the sale is NOT by any means short. It just means that the seller owes more on the property than they are selling it for, due to them wanting to get out of there in a short amount of time. Because of this, the bank is now involved, and unfortunately for us, it's through Bank of America, which is NOTORIOUS in the real estate world for being slow as molassas in January. Even though the seller has agreed upon our bid (it's hard not to, as we went in at asking price), the bank now has to approve of the original sale price. You would think they would look at that before it's put on the market and therefore skipping that hassle for the buyers later!
Well, now there's a problem. Oh, not with the house. No, that's still in limbo. The problem is my work and where we live now. There are many complications at work, and as I just discovered on Friday, I'm not sure how long my job will last. I'm hoping it was just a rash decision made in the heat of the moment by my boss, but I found out he had wanted me fired the other day for something that wasn't my fault! So, as Mike and I are renting the house we live in from my boss, we have decided to move out of our rental and into my parents' house. There are a couple methods behind our madness. One, it'll allow us to save up some money to put towards the house (fixing it up, decorating, etc.), and two, it'll get us out of the rental, as we aren't sure how my irrational boss will act.
I am so blessed to have such wonderful people as my parents in my life. I'm not sure exactly how I deserve them, but they have always given my brothers and me love and compassion, always willing to help us out any way they can, even when it's not always the easiest for them. So for mom and dad to allow my husband and me to move in with them in these...uncertain times, it makes me hope that one day I can be as great parents to my children as they have been, are, and always will be to my brothers and me.
So, as of now, Mike and I are packing up our things. We'll rent a storage unit for our furniture, and then we (and our petting zoo) will move in with mom and dad by the end of the month. Dad's been missing Sprite anyway, right?

1 comment:

PA Millers said...

they really are amazing parents