Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter

We have snow on the ground...AGAIN! I have mixed feelings about it. It kinda sucks because mom, Katie (Jimmy's fiancee), and I were supposed to head up to Pittsburgh this weekend for Anna's (Steve's fiancee) bridal shower. I did a test drive and found that I was able to drive in it, but I really didn't want to. So we stayed here in Virginia.
On the other hand, I love it! It's so clean and fresh. And, in my opinion, if it doesn't cover everything, then it's not worth it. Well, this time it was worth it. I haven't posted many pictures lately, so here's a couple to help you see the wintery world through my eyes...
Lady, as we all know now, is our snow dog. I've never seen a dog GRAZE on snow like Lady does! She actually lays in the snow and eats all the snow around her!

These three does were just outside the kitchen window. I was doing the dishes after dinner and happened to look up. When I went outside, there was one that didn't run as soon as the others, but heard me and ran to the creek.

I love the colors of a winter sky. The soft pastels brushed onto the sky like God's personal watercolor. Words cannot describe the beauty, and my pictures are just a weak immitation.

No comments: