Another year gone, another year ahead. It seems this one has passed by faster than before, though I feel the years are going by faster every year. Reflecting on the past year, there are some things that stick out more than others.
-I quit my job as a groomer at the animal hospital I had worked at since high school, leaving behind a WHOLE lot of unneeded stress.
-I tried my hand at being a stay-at-home mom, but we soon discovered that our finances wouldn't allow it. So...
-I began my new job as a veterinary assistant, and it's awesome!
-Our old pup Caffeine had to be put down after 17 years of hikes, playtimes, car rides, and just all-around good times.
-After realizing that I missed grooming so much (as well as having some old clients asking if I was still grooming), I started a side business out of my home on the weekends. It's not insanely busy, but it helps out and I love seeing the dogs.
-One of my good friends and former coworker married the love of her life. Congrats April and Jeff!
-Not one, but TWO new people entered my brother's life!
-We planted our first little garden, and even managed to get some produce out of it! We'll have to do some tweaking for this year's.
-Our little monkey turned one!!!
-Many words have been added to said monkey's vocabulary, including (but not limited to): dog, truck, sock, shoe, no, yes, sheesh!, gosh!, cookie, cracker, juice, and yellow.
-After less than a year since they began their journey, my brother and sister-in-law (and neice!) welcomed two new faces into their home, all the way from Ethiopia. Fiyori Rae and Kokeb "Kobe" James Miller.
-In honor of them, we all tried Ethiopian food for the first time...and rather enjoyed it (most of us, anyway!).
-Mike was put in a new (hopefully permanant) position at work as an armed guard. He now finally has a set schedule.
-Another good friend had her first child. Welcome Cannon Gage Deane!
-Two of my coworkers also welcomed their first children. Welcome Collins and Silas!
-We survived the end of the world...again!!!!!!! ;-)
Looking forward to the next year, as always I have hopes and dreams. Not resolutions, as they tend to be followed for a short time then forgotten. These are just what I wish will happen in the next year.
-I will lose weight. Hopefully at least some. My back has been killing me more and more each day, an my sciatic nerve shoots with pain from time to time, so any bit will help. I've picked up a yoga DVD that I'm excited to try. It'll be hard, but hopefully I can stick with it.
-Get healthier in general. Eat more veggies and fruits, less pasta and bread.
-We'll win the lottery!!!!! (well, one could hope...)
Yep, that's it. Not much else. Just live as best I can, love as much as I can, laugh a whole lot, and cherish every moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment