I realize that it's been quite some time since I have written. With schedules here and there and really just not much to talk about, I've let the blog go to the wayside. But here I am again, on Christmas Day, no less.
I'm not sure how many people read this. I've got a few faithful followers, but maybe some passers-by will scan their screens and take in my message. Whether you believe in the true meaning of Christmas or not, I hope that you can take a little bit away from this.
It's been a little rough this year. I finally got away from one nightmare early in the year, which has made a lot of difference. Mike's schedule has been one of frustration, but that seems to have finally calmed. We both have taken some heavy pay cuts, which has taken its toll, but we've managed. With the help of family and God, we couldn't have done it any other way.
I've mentioned before that I'm not the preaching type. I've never really been one to go on about the glory of God, even though I've felt it myself. This year, however, I feel I've scooted just a tiny bit closer into His light. I've always known that He's been looking out for me and my family, but it was always something that I guess I took for granted. This year I've opened my eyes a little wider and have actually seen the wonders He has done in my life. Yes, we've had down times. But He has gotten us through them.
I've also explained on here the title of my blog and why I'd chosen it (and recently found that I'm not the only one who this happens to, it seems...so I'm not completely crazy!)...about feeling that God sends me messages through songs. Not too long ago we were going through a very rough patch, and I didn't know what to do. So I prayed. I prayed hard. I prayed a lot. Finally, one night while I was lying in bed, after I had just finished praying, a song came on the radio (we have the radio on a country station at nights when we sleep). I heard it, and realized almost immediately it was from Him. But the message in it was one I was worried about. If anyone's heard the song "Love, Your Baby Girl" by Sugarland then you know what it's about. I went to sleep that night thinking maybe it was just a coincidence, that it wasn't any kind of message, because I couldn't possibly have the guts to do what the song implied. A few days later, a few days closer to the deadline, I started to panic more. So I prayed in earnest again. As soon as I finished my prayer, the song played on the radio. I knew it to be the message it was, so I argued back (since I'm stubborn like that and think I can "argue" with God...HA!). I said that it wasn't possible, made excuses, for myself and the other party. I went to bed, hoping He had another plan. In the morning, I woke up and prayed again (and apologized for the night before!). As before, the song came on. I conceded. I realized it was the only way. So I did as He said and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.
Well, the past week I've had another prayer. At the end one night, I asked what I can do. Being the Christmas season, obviously the radio has been riddled with songs of the season. So when I heard "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," again I thought coincidence. The next day in the car I talked to God, asking what to do. The song played. The next day I turned the music down to give God my full attention (aside from the attention I was giving the road). When I turned the music back up, I heard the first few familiar notes. And then a calm came over me and the worry I had left. And I knew He was there, He would help as he always does. He wanted me to enjoy His Son's birthday with friends and family, as I should. He knew I was getting irritable as I do when I worry, what with snapping at my husband (sorry, honey!) and losing my patience occasionally with Jake. That's no way to spend a holiday. Especially one such as this.
So, on this most special of days, I extend what I believe to be the Lord's message.
"Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on your troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the Yuletide gay
From now on your troubles will be miles away"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment