I've come to a decision. Not in relation to my last post...that's still up in the air. No, this has to do with Facebook. Last night I got so irritated and quite literally FURIOUS with comments people have posted. Not on my page...on their own. I realize that everyone can have their own opinion, but when you're role models to people in your community or have children or anything else of the like, you should not post things that are being posted almost daily. If you're going to post something, you need to get your facts straight. Whether it be political, religious, or even common knowledge.
Anyway...so, yeah, I get so irrationally angry with things that get posted because I know how the person is behind the computer. It's just not healthy. So I made a decision. I'm not going to completely close my account. I use it for grooming as well. I also don't want to block people because that could get complicated and the whole point is to simplify. I also have long-distance friends and relatives I like to keep in touch with and I check in with my weight loss group.
Basically what I'm saying is if I don't get back to you quickly or you don't see much activity from me, this is why. This is kinda big for me because I'm constantly checking Facebook, I've come to realize. It'll be strange, I'm sure. My goal is at least a month Facebook-free and we'll see how it goes from there.
So...here we go!
MODIFICATION: I'm not going to be completely "Facebook-free." I just realized that that makes it sound like I won't even get on. I'll post some pictures (since we do have long-distance family that would probably appreciate updates of their grandson/nephew).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment