Thursday, February 17, 2011

These Dreams go on When I Close My Eyes...

Every second of the night, I live another life!
This is so true. I've always had pretty...elaborate, we'll say...dreams. I still remember dreams from when I was little, like when a vampire was attacking me in the living room while my brothers were all around me.
Well, I guess because I'm pregnant, the hormones or something are making them even crazier, it seems. When I first got pregnant, I had a dream that Obama's wife was very pregnant and going into labor and I had to help deliver the baby because I was the only one around.
Two nights ago, I had multiple dreams. The first one, I was Harry Potter, only not in a castle...my friends and I were in some sort of boarding house. We found a secret door that led to a basement library that was haunted. The ghost kept leaving us clues, but the woman in charge of us kept finding us and interrupting our investigation. We finally found out the ghost wanted us to "Send her a letter." We didn't know who "her" was and I woke up before we could find out. That same night, I had another dream that my brother Eric challenged my brother Chris to...well, a challenge. You know those little floating rings that you see little kids wearing around their middle in backyard swimming pools? Well, the "challenge" was to throw a floating ring out into the ocean as far as they could (tied to a rope), then swim out to it and stay on it the longest. Yep, that was it. Very challenging, ya think? Well, it had to be called off because huge waves started rolling in and the crowd that had accumulated to watch the event all had to hurry to get to safety. So the next day, they tried again in a different location. At this location, there was a HUGE dune right before you get to the beach. The crowd scaled the dune to get to the beach, only to have a stories-high wave start to roll in. We all managed to get back on top of the dune safely. I heard a woman next to me ask her friend, "Is that a human skull?" I look over to them and see down in the sand, sure enough, there's a human skull semi-buried. I look all over the beach below and see human skulls everywhere...I guess they got trapped when a wave came in. Then, I noticed one below that had piercings all over (I'm not sure why the skull itself would have piercings). I pointed it out to my brother Steve. I then switch to his point of view in the dream and he's/I'm down there pulling out all the rings that look like they have diamonds in them. Then I woke up.
One final one from last night...My brother Jimmy and I were living together in an apartment. I was on my way home one night and a man asked me if I wanted to buy something. I said I had to get home, so he then pulls out a knife (a kitchen knife, of all things...not even a switch blade or anything!) I guess to mug me, but he fumbles and drops the knife. So I feel a burst of confidence and start pushing him, saying things like, "Yeah, pick on me, why don't you?" Then Jimmy comes out of the apartment and whips out a handgun and puts it on the guy. The man runs away and alls well the rest of the night. The next night, the same thing happens. I'm on my way home and the same guy comes up, with a friend this time. They start closing in on me when Jimmy comes out of the apartment and shoots them in order to save me. Scared, we hurry to get all of our things packed so we can get away before the cops come, even though it was self-defense. Well, the cops come, so we're hiding in the oddest places. And then I woke up.
I've been having dreams of old classmates that I don't talk to anymore, or very rarely. I dreamed briefly of my late grandmother last night (that was a nice one...kind of on the funny side). Pretty much any scenario, I've been dreaming it! Some are funny. Some are just odd.

No comments: