Sunday, April 18, 2010

First Things First

Sorry I've been a little AWOL. Mike and I don't have internet yet, so I'm a little slow getting stuff on here. We're supposed to be getting it set up this Tuesday.
That being said, a lot of stuff has happened lately. Well, maybe not a LOT of stuff, but MAJOR stuff. First, WE HAVE A HOUSE!!!!!!!! Oh...my...gosh!!!! It only took...FOREVER!!!!! We put a bid on this house back in October. It was a short sale, which is a major misnomer, because nine times out of ten, the sale is not short. But we've been patient...barely. We finally got the call that it was time to close. We closed at the end of March. We were given the keys and told that the paperwork would be reported by Monday, but we could go ahead and start making it ours. We got a call Tuesday and were told that the house wasn't ours! The seller's agent was extremely unprofessional and screwed the whole thing up, so now we had to go back to closing! Mike and I were ready to lawyer up, Remax was ready to lawyer up, Bank of America was ready to lawyer up...there was going to be a fight! Thankfully, however, we closed two weeks after and everything worked out well (and outside of court!). So we are now proud owners of a cute little house in the town of Culpeper! YAY!
Another first for me was going to an Orioles game. My brother Jimmy got tickets, and so he, Katie, and I went to Baltimore last weekend. We went to the aquarium first (I hadn't been since eighth grade) and just looked around. We went to the game that night. It was great...the Os lost, but the game was great! Afterward, we decided we wanted to go out to a bar or two. The only problem was we couldn't find any! All we found were clubs, which (as Jimmy informed me) we were too "old" to go into. So we went for a late meal/snacks at Hard Rock Cafe and then walked back to our hotel. Katie and I were tired, so Jimmy went down to the bar in the hotel until 2am. The next day, we headed into DC to the Smithsonian. Apparently it's a crime to have not seen the Air and Space Museum (also information from Jimmy), so we went there first. Afterward, we walked around the statue garden (I can't remember its real name), then popped our heads into the Museum of Natural History before heading back to Virginia so I could get home in time for Mike and I to go grocery shopping and get settled into our house.
All-in-all, it's been great! Unfortunately, I have no pictures at the moment as I left my camera at home and I'm at my parents' house. But after we get internet, I'll try to get some posted of the game, DC, and our new house!

No comments: